Transitioning to High School
A Focus on Students with Disabilities
Event Time:September 8, 2020 at 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Event Location:Online Webinar via Zoom
Free and open to the public
Do you have a child with a disability who is transitioning into high school this academic year? Would you like to learn more about the structure of high schools in Oregon and what to expect?
Join us for this free webinar that is designed to support parents and caregivers of adolescents with disabilities. Topics will include:
- What should parents expect from teachers?
- Accommodations, Modifications, Supports, and Instruction
- Credit requirements and the credit system
- Diploma types and the benefits of each
- Expectations of different programs available within comprehensive high schools
- Inclusive practices and what you should expect as a parent
About Presenter: Dr. Brian Megert has worked in special education as an academic support teacher, behavior support teacher, professional development specialist, and administrator for the past 20 years. He is currently the Special Programs Director for the Springfield Public School district where he provides oversight of special education, federal title programs, health services, and alternative programming. He is devoted to ensuring that all students are properly served by teams of special and general education teachers in all our schools.