Interview with Alexis Reed
Community Advocacy Council (CAC) Liason
Positive Behavior Consultant
- What is one of your hobbies?
- I love reading aloud to others and being read to. As a Positive Behavior Consultant, I enjoy sharing the knowledge that all behavior serves a purpose and is a key to understanding our needs.
- What is one thing you are proud of?
- I am proud to support and educate adults, families, and teams who want to learn how to honor those needs.
- Why do you think advocacy is important?
- Advocacy is important to me because I believe that every person holds a critical piece of the whole picture in any given situation and that all voices must be given attention in order to achieve true group or community success.
- What is your favorite local resource?
- My favorite local resource is Embody Play Therapeutics, a therapeutic, trauma-informed, mindfulness-based play practice for kids with disabilities and other experiences and their parents.