Interview with Jane Squires
Advocate and Community Advocacy Council (CAC) Member
- What is one of your hobbies?
- I love reading books - novels and books about real things. I also love walking with my dog and being outside in beautiful Oregon.
- What is one thing you are proud of?
- I am proud to have worked with the UCEDD and the CAC for over 20 years. I consider it to be an amazing organization, both on the local University of Oregon level as well as nationally.
- Why do you think advocacy is important?
- I believe that we can’t sit back and let others decide important things about our lives. So voting, demonstrating, letting your views be known to make policy, is very important.
- What is your favorite local resource?
- One of my favorite local resources is Meals on Wheels. They bring food to people who can’t make it for themselves. Eating good food is important for us all.