Interview with Tel Woolsey
Advocate and Community Advocacy Council (CAC) Member
Graphic Designer and Web Accessibility Specialist, CHD
- What is one of your hobbies?
- I really enjoy reading. Non-fiction, novels, comics, technical manuals; whatever catches my interest at the time.
- What is one thing you are proud of?
- I am proud that I am self-taught in just about everything I do professionally.
- Why do you think advocacy is important?
- Advocacy is important because any positive change in society’s view and treatment of the disabled population has to start by people with disabilities, and their allies, taking a stand on issues that affect them.
- What is your favorite local resource?
- Senior and Disabled Services is my favorite local resource. They helped me transition to college and then back into the work force after I became a wheelchair user.