Interview with Joe Basey
Adaptive Recreation Services
Advocate and Community Advocacy Council (CAC) Member
- What is one of your hobbies?
- I enjoy mentoring young adults with and without disabilities.
- What is one thing you are proud of?
- I am very proud that I graduated from the University of Oregon with a degree in Family and Human Services (FHS).
- Why do you think advocacy is important?
- Advocacy is important to me because I believe it’s critical for improving the lives of people with disabilities (PwD).
- What is your favorite local resource?
- My favorite local resource is the Lane Transition Linkage Coalition (TLC), a team of professionals addressing the needs of students transitioning from high school to post high school environments within Lane Country.